Health officers are given broad powers by NH RSA 128 & 147 to protect the public health.
In Newington, all proposed restaurants and food vendors must obtain approval from the Health Officer prior to serving food to the public. The Health Officer also has the authority to shut down any such establishments that are determined to be operating in an unsanitary manner.
Newington's Health Officer is also very knowledgeable about the West Nile Virus and recommended precautions. Useful information is available at the web sites maintained by the State of New Hampshire and the City of Portsmouth.
Mr. Stowell may be contacted at the Town Hall at 603-436-7640, or via email.
|John Stowell||Health Officer||(603) 436-7640|
News & Announcements
- VOLUNTEER NOW!! SEE ATTACHED LIST FOR OPEN BOARD AND COMMITTEE POSITIONS.
- EVERSOURCE QUESTIONS/CONCERNS
- GREAT BAY: AN ESTUARY IN PERIL, A DOCUMENTARY PREMIERE. MARCH 30TH, 6:30PM AT OYSTER RIVER HIGH SCHOOL AUDITORIUM
- EXIT 6N CLOSED BEGINNING DECEMBER 15TH. ALL TRAFFIC WILL NOW USE EXIT 6W TO ACCESS DOVER POINT ROAD AND ROUTE 4.
- PORTSMOUTH WATER SUPPLY UPDATE