The Board of Selectmen are the governing body of the Town. Their role, as promlugated by NH RSA 41:8 is to carry out the directives of Town Meeting and to "manage the prudential affairs of the town".
New Hampshire law vests many other duties with the Board of Selectmen. These include managing town roads, buildings & land, overseeing welfare, emergency managment, layout of highways, dealing with hazardous or dilapidated buildings, issuing public health regulations, and enforcing land use regulations.
Board members are elected to three year terms. Newington residents may sign up to run for the Board during the month of January.
Work sessions are scheduled as needed. A quorum of two members is required in order to conduct business.
Requests to be placed on the Selectmen's meeting agenda should be forwarded to the Town Hall, 205 Nimble Hill Road, Newington, NH 03801, or faxed to 603-436-7188, or emailed. Direct any questions to the Administrative Assistant at 603-436-7640.
|Jan Stuart||Chair (2018)|
|Michael Marconi||Member (2019)|
|Ted Connors||Member (2020)|
News & Announcements
- VOLUNTEER NOW!! SEE ATTACHED LIST FOR OPEN BOARD AND COMMITTEE POSITIONS.
- EVERSOURCE QUESTIONS/CONCERNS
- GREAT BAY: AN ESTUARY IN PERIL, A DOCUMENTARY PREMIERE. MARCH 30TH, 6:30PM AT OYSTER RIVER HIGH SCHOOL AUDITORIUM
- EXIT 6N CLOSED BEGINNING DECEMBER 15TH. ALL TRAFFIC WILL NOW USE EXIT 6W TO ACCESS DOVER POINT ROAD AND ROUTE 4.
- PORTSMOUTH WATER SUPPLY UPDATE