Newington operates a secondary wastewater treatment facility which serves the town's sewer district commercial and industrial districts. The plant is located behind Portsmouth Chevrolet, just north of Gosling Road.
The facility was built between 1979 and 1981. The plant's operations and finances are overseen by a three member Sewer Commission.
The Town contracts with the Earthtech Corporation to operate the facility. The town is well served in this manner by plant operator Denis Messier and his able assistant F. Jackson Hoyt.
In order to connect to the system, a permit is required from the Sewer Commission. Sewer District regulations must also be adhered to.
|Denis Messier||Plant Operator||(603) 431-4111|
|F. Jackson Hoyt||Assistant Plant Operator||(603) 431-4111|
News & Announcements
- VOLUNTEER NOW!! SEE ATTACHED LIST FOR OPEN BOARD AND COMMITTEE POSITIONS.
- EVERSOURCE QUESTIONS/CONCERNS
- GREAT BAY: AN ESTUARY IN PERIL, A DOCUMENTARY PREMIERE. MARCH 30TH, 6:30PM AT OYSTER RIVER HIGH SCHOOL AUDITORIUM
- EXIT 6N CLOSED BEGINNING DECEMBER 15TH. ALL TRAFFIC WILL NOW USE EXIT 6W TO ACCESS DOVER POINT ROAD AND ROUTE 4.
- PORTSMOUTH WATER SUPPLY UPDATE